Click here for Blackboard Video Support.
Click here for Blackboard’s Official Documentation.
Click here for the Official Grade Submission PDF
Official Grade Submission Step-by-Step Guide
- Log into the Niagara College Blackboard system at https://niagara.blackboard.com
- Click the My Apps
- Select the LMS Tools
- The LMS Self Service Bolt-On will appear as shown below. Under the My Courses section, select either the Maintain Mid-Term Grades or Maintain Final Grades link to enter the appropriate grades for your classes.
- When you click on the appropriate grade entry link, you will be taken to a search page where you will need to search for the desired course from the list of courses you are currently assigned to as an instructor.
- One of the best ways to see a list of course which you are teaching for a given term is to search my courses by Term. To do so, enter the given term value into the Term field and click the Search
- Select the desired course from the Search Results list as shown below.
- Once you select a desired course you will be taken to the Grade Entry page where a listing of your students currently enrolled in the course will be displayed.
- For each student, enter their grade within the Grade
- If you are entering Final Grades and you need to enter an incomplete grade, see Appendix A: Entering Incomplete Grades for detailed information.
- If you are submitting Mid-Term Grades, the following characters are available to you:
|S||Satisfactory – Attendance/participation meets the requirements for this course. Assignments and other evaluate measures currently indicated a likelihood of success in the course.|
|U||Unsatisfactory – Lack of regular attendance/participation is a cause for concern and assignments, tests and other evaluative measures currently indicate that failure is a likely possibility unless improvement takes place over the balance of the term.|
|N||Not Attending – Student is registered in this course, but has attended/participated sporadically, if at all, since the beginning of the term.|
- When you have completed entering grades for all students in the class, click the Submit button located at the bottom of the grade entry page to submit your grades. If you prefer to only enter grades for some students and finish at a later time, click the Save button instead.
- Once you click the Submit button, a confirmation window will appear as shown below, asking you if you are absolutely sure you want to submit your grades. If you wish to do so, click the Yes button, otherwise click the No button to return to the grade entry page.Note: Grades will not be officially submitted to the Student Information System until a grade has been entered for every student in the course and the Submit button has been clicked. Once grades have been officially submitted any changes must be made through the Official Change of Grade Form available at the Registrar’s Office.
- Once you have submitted the grades for a course, you will receive the confirmation window. Click the OK
- It is recommended that you also print a hard copy of your grades.
- Internet Explorer – from the browser, select File and Print.
- Firefox – on your page, right click, This Frame, Print Frame.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click either Back to Course List or Back to LMS SelfService.
Appendix A: Entering Incomplete Grades
If an incomplete has been assigned to a student you must precede the student’s grade with an “I”. Incompletes are only valid for final grades.
For example if the student would receive a 45% once the grade lapse period expired, then you would enter a grade of “I45” for that student. 45% is the current evaluation attained at the time of final grade entry. For non-numerical grades (S, U) the same applies.
Note: Students have 90 days following the end of the term to complete their course work and have a grade assigned. If a student meets the course requirements and a grade is assigned prior to 90 days, the professor must complete the Official Change of Grade form and send it to the Registrar’s Office to have the incomplete removed and the new grade assigned. Otherwise, after 90 days, the grade will be automatically changed from an “I” to the evaluation attained at the time an incomplete was assigned.
Optional: If you have assigned an incomplete for a student, you can enter a reason in the comment as shown below:
Click here for the PDF