- Getting Set Up
- Resetting or Changing your Password
- Password Format
- Did You get the Error Unable to Verify?
- Changing Your Recovery Information
Changing Passwords or Unlocking your Account
To reset your password:
- Select your Role
- Enter your User ID (User ID is email, username is Blackboard)
- Enter the characters in the picture (captcha) or the words in the audio
- Enter your Complete phone number or your Complete email
- Click Text/Call button or Email button
- Enter the Code you receive in the box and click Next
- Type in your New Password and click Finish
Remember to “Forget the Network” in order to log into the Wi-Fi with your other devices
|Role||Email to use|
|New Student||You will need:
Student Number and Date of Birth
|New Faculty/Staff||You will need:
Given Name, Surname and Date of Birth
(Graduated within the past 2 years)
|Alumni (Contact us)||BBUsername@ncalumni.niagaracollege.ca
(2 years or more after graduation)
Password Format: (when setting, changing or resetting forgotten passwords).
It must meet 3 of the 4 criteria:
- 1 uppercase (capital) letter
- 1 lowercase (small) letter
- 1 digit
- 1 special character
Other password criteria:
- Cannot contain more than three letters concurrently of your username
- Must be a minimum of 8 and a maximum 16 characters
- Passwords cannot be reused
Computing and network users are solely responsible for security on all accounts assigned for their use and are responsible for all actions taken under this account.
Secure your password – Do not lend a friend your account by revealing your password, and do not record your password in a notebook.
Create a unique password unrelated to yourself. e.g. do not use your student number, your telephone number, a family member, pet’s or close friend’s name.
Did You get the Error Unable to Verify?
Please Contact us with your Full name and Student Number.
- Don’t know your student number?
- Call Registrar at 905-735-2211 ext 7500
- Call us at 905-735-2211 extension 7642
- Visit us at the Welland Campus Library or in the NOTL Campus Library
- Email us at ITSHELPDESK@niagaracollege.ca
- Submit a Help Desk Request
- Connect Remotely from a college or personal computer
- Select a representative or fill in the Issue Submission
Changing your Recovery information
- Open your web browser
- Navigate to aka.ms/ssprsetup
- Log in with your School email
- Click Verify for what you want to change
- Make your adjustments
- Send the Code
- Enter and confirm your code
Changing your recovery informationThis video walks you through changing your verification information.
Hours of Operation
The IT Service Desk is available for assistance during the following hours (excluding Holidays, Scheduled and Unscheduled Closures)
Fall & Winter Terms (September – April)
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Spring & Summer Terms (May – August)
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.