ITS is in the process of upgrading our office telephone system during the weekend of February 22 – February 25, 2019. This is a large scale upgrade affecting telephone services for both the Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake Campuses, residences, NCBC and Community Employment Services offices. Approximately 2,500 extensions will be affected. Please review the highlights and key information/instructions below.
- During the weekend upgrade the campus phone system and voicemail mailboxes will be unavailable
- All campus telephone systems will be up and running on or before Monday, February 25
- In the event of an emergency during the outage please use a mobile phone to call emergency services – Campus Security can be reached at 905-735-8383
- When the new phone system is live, “8 is the new 9”. To obtain an outside line, dial 8 (instead of 9)
- Staff and faculty are encouraged to reset their voicemail passwords, once the system is live, on Monday, Feb 25
- Instructions regarding initial voicemail mailbox log in will be communicated once the system is live
- “8 is the new 9” (see above)
- Classroom extensions will be changed at both campuses
- Residence office extensions will be changed at both residences
- The voicemail system will be migrated to a new voicemail system
- Telephone queue agents will require software installed on their computer
- New ceiling mounted speakers will be installed in office areas for paging messages and announcements before February 23
What Stays the Same
- The automated attendant and voice recognition system will remain as is
- Extensions will remain as assigned other than noted above
- The majority of existing office phones and headsets are compatible and will remain in place
- Classrooms will continue to receive pages through telephone sets with new speakers installed over time
- RightFax entries do NOT require any modification
Please view the following guides for information on our new Officelinx voicemail system and new ‘J’ series telephone sets.
If you currently do not have voicemail, please contact your Staff/Departmental Assistant to submit an ITS Service Request.